Your child’s first set of teeth are very important in helping them chew food easily, learn to speak clearly, and look good. A child’s first dental visit is also very important in launching him/her on a lifetime of good dental health.
Tell your child that the pediatric dentist is a friendly doctor who will help your child stay healthy. Talk about the visit in a positive, matter of fact way as a pleasant new adventure.
* Bribe your child into going
* use the dental visit as a punishment
*let the child know you feel any anxiety about the visit.
* Let anyone tell your child scary stories about dental visits
* Try to make the dental visits enjoyable for your child – at Firehouse Kid’s Dentistry we have taken great efforts to make your child and you feel at ease. We have TVs in every room, video games, child friendly murals, a friendly staff all in a real firehouse.
* Set a good example y brushing and flossing daily and visiting the dentist regularly
* Encourage your child to talk to the staff and ask questions. We are glad to explain what we are doing so your child can understand.