Most of the time every 6 months. Since each child’s dental needs differ, your pediatric dentist is the best one to recommend how often your child should be seen based on their individual needs and habits.
Ideally, it is best to take your child to the pediatric dentist between 6months and 12 months of age. The earlier you begin, the better chance your pediatric dentist has to prevent problems. The pediatric dentist will look for decay, show you how to properly clean your child’s teeth, evaluate adverse habits, evaluate growth and dental development, and identify your child’s fluoride needs.
Your child’s first set of teeth are very important in helping them chew food easily, learn to speak clearly, and look good. A child’s first dental visit is also very important in launching him/her on a lifetime of good dental health.
Tell your child that the pediatric dentist is a friendly doctor who will help your child stay healthy. Talk about the visit in a positive, matter of fact way as a pleasant new adventure.
* Bribe your child into going
* use the dental visit as a punishment
*let the child know you feel any anxiety about the visit.
* Let anyone tell your child scary stories about dental visits
* Try to make the dental visits enjoyable for your child – at Firehouse Kid’s Dentistry we have taken great efforts to make your child and you feel at ease. We have TVs in every room, video games, child friendly murals, a friendly staff all in a real firehouse.
* Set a good example y brushing and flossing daily and visiting the dentist regularly
* Encourage your child to talk to the staff and ask questions. We are glad to explain what we are doing so your child can understand.